Thursday 16 May 2013

My 1st saling race :)

2013.05.16.Thursday

Björlanda Kile (18:00) -Björlanda Kile (20:32) The race was started at 18:30.
 2:32 hrs, 5.7nm


Variable direction wind 0-10m/s.
Average speed 2.7 kts, maximum speed 7.6 kts.

With Omega 42, kaptain Leif Kågebäck and 2 other crew members and me.
It was a very slow sail to Boy 6, at almost total wind calm. In the last few hundred meters, the wind was stronger East back wind. After the Boy 6, we had 10 m/s Eeast-South East wind. We were almost the last one until the turn, but we made the turn as the first one, just we did not change the sails enough fast and we lost few positions.In our category there were 9 boats, and we passed the finish line as 7th, after the handicap corrections we were the 8th. The finish line was very exciting, 3 of us passed the line in same time, it was just 1-1 second between the 3 boats. It was my first race, now I was a crw memebr, but I hope I can join to this race with my own boat also :) Altogether with the two class there were 9+5=14 boats today.



Today result:


 Total result after 2 racing:









No comments:

Post a Comment